Saturday, August 8, 2009

King Charles.


While feeding my recent ongoing obsession with black cab sessions, I discovered this jewel. King Charles' performance can send you to a better place, if you let it. You have to listen carefully, definitely more than once. It is safe to conclude that his habits include reading Oscar Wilde's poetry ("You're Oscar Wilde, short stories in my bookcase") and listening to Bob Dylan ("You're positively 4th Street isolated in my iTunes"). It's safe to say Charles' brilliant lyrics are intoxicating. Like I said, this needs a couple of listens to really give it the justice it deserves.

King Charles from Black Cab Sessions on Vimeo.


This line resonated with me the most:

"You're the word in my dictionary that i can't spell, can't describe, can't put in a sentence, but use all the time."



FInd him on myspace here:
http://www.myspace.com/kingcharlesuk

No comments: